Unique Challenges for Commercial Businesses
The management of energy for companies in the commercial sector typically falls to a CFO, “Building and Grounds/Facilities” department, or a property management firm. Having the proper expertise to adequately understand the highly complex energy commodity market, along with all of the industry specific contract language, deal structures, and processes pose a significant challenge to staff that is already spread thin with managing all of the other operations of the plant.
With commercial businesses, much of the electricity usage comes from HVAC. Keeping a comfortable environment for the building occupants is always a high priority. On the surface, it may seem that there is not much flexibility to reduce consumption or optimize your usage.
Dealing with energy commodities, there are very good times to transact in the market cycle, and very bad times to transact. Simply transacting when your existing contract is nearly over puts your business at risk since the market may be at a very bad entry point, causing you to lock in at inflated prices.
How We Can Help
- We provide a single point of contact that gives you access to our entire team of energy professionals. We make sure NOTHING is missed, and we make sure everything is done according to “Best Practices” for the industry.
- Our staff is heavily weighted toward technical professionals, such as engineers and quantitative analysts. This is especially important for Commercial clients. We are uniquely qualified to do the analysis necessary to make sure you are not taking on unnecessary or unexpected market risk.
- We have experience in understanding where opportunities exist with heavy HVAC loads, often times providing unique solutions to generate savings and/or revenue for Commercial clients.
- We are available for onsite meetings, as necessary, to support our recommendations and provide insight into the energy markets.
- We provide market updates and recommendations as to exactly WHEN your next contract should be signed, so you can maximize your savings.